Re: Upgrade my //e to 16-bits

On 12/1/14, 9:24 AM, [email protected] wrote:
Well this sounds rather cool I must say! Please tell me how you sourced the
chip,

I Googled a bit (actually a lot) and found a forum where one had stated he had some (years ago). I reached out and he still had them. Let me get his permission before I post his details here.

why you did the swap and what else you have in mind to try out on it?

Curiosity.  I'll be writing and running math benchmarks.

My hobby is computer history. And I prefer to learn about various systems by learning their assembly language and then writing benchmarks to test the performance so that I can fairly compare to other systems. In this case I wanted to see how far I could push the //e without accelerators.