Re: Very cool video

Simon Williams wrote:
<[email protected]> wrote:

A music "video",

"Programmed in Applesoft II on a 1979 Apple ][+ with 48K of RAM.
Seriously. "

http://www.stewdio.org/jed/

very cool.

(saw it on a2central.com)

That really is pretty cool... especially the job he did of sychronizing
the text with the music. I also like how the camera pulls back at the
end as the computer lists the program... sort of creepy, like the
computer is operating itself (or maybe I've just seen too many 1970's
tech-paranoia sci-fi b-movies).

Of course, for the entire course of the video, it _could_ be operating
itself.  All it takes is a time delay loop and using the LIST statement
from within the program.  ;-)

It would be tempting to recreate the program from the video of the
listing, but it's still running after the resolution drops too low.

-michael

Music synthesis for 8-bit Apple II's!
Home page:  http://members.aol.com/MJMahon/

"The wastebasket is our most important design
tool--and it is seriously underused."